Here are some things about me:
- Name: Cynthia Tussey-Harris
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Favorite time of year: Fall/Autumn
- Favorite color: Burgundy
- I am married to a wonderful man.
- We have an adult son who is married with children (2 boys and 1 girl)
- I absolutely love cats – have 3 inside cats (Shy, age 10; Abby, age 9; and Gracie, age 1)
- I took care of Gracie from the day she was born, literally. Her mother must have been lying underneath the tree when she went into labor. She had Gracie, however, she failed to come back for her. I bottled fed Gracie, took her work with me, put her in a flannel pouch I hung around my neck, etc., and did everything a Mom cat would have done. The Vets told me she would not survive. Ha! The joke was on them.
- We live on a 65 acre farm. The only agricultural crop we have is Native Grass/Hay and grass that is in the Conservation Research Program through the United States Department of Agricultural.
- I am from a large family. I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters. I am the middle child.
- I am foremost a learner. I like to learn new things. By trade I am a historian and researcher.
- I am an award winning author and a contributing author.
- I am a freelance writer.
- I am a speaker and when I present programs, I make sure to engage the audience.
- I like helping others. Hence, my website, where I promote other authors’ books and this blog where I write book reviews.
About this blog:
The blog will cover things such as writing, editing, proofreading, authors, book reviews, quotes, marketing and book promotion.
Where did the name Black Lilac Kitty come from?
Visit my web site to find out.
As a Historian I continue to learn new things and attend classes. In January, 2013 I attended a series of online webinars on “Collections Care Basics.” This class is about caring for your collections whether it be books, photographs, quilts, etc. The “Risk Evaluation” class in February, 2013 is about where you store your collections and are they at risk for any kind of damage. Such as do you store your items in boxes on the floor in the basement. If so, there is a potential risk of damage because of condensation from the floor to the box, a flood, a burst water pipe, etc. Like wise in the attic. The heat and cold changes of temperature can damage some items such as photographs. I have signed up for several other classes through this year, 2013 and am hoping to receive more badges of completion to add here.
© Cynthia Tussey-Harris and Black Lilac Kitty Book Promotion, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cynthia Tussey-Harris and Black Lilac Kitty Book Promotion with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
To see the blog about my writing and interest of biographies and cookbooks visit my personal web site at: